The teacher in me likes to keep all of my resources together. So I’m gathering
A (mostly) comprehensive list of resources for Mother’s Day — for churches, those who work with kids on Mother’s Day, and YOU
1. 10 ideas for pastors on Mother’s Day — including 6 ideas for a Sunday morning services, a suggestion for those working with kids, and three “avoids.”
2. Prayers/Blessing for use:
- The Wide Continum of Mothering
- Beyond the Surface of Mothering (for the full context see this post and the stage analogy)
- A prayer for parents and those who want to be
3. Videos for use during a church service:
- The Wide Spectrum of Mothering (FREE)
- Re:think worship has an impressive list of videos — I went from video to video and you might too.
- We Honor You — New, free and filmed in Hong Kong. Based on The Wide Spectrum of Mothering and using men too — this makes me happy
- The Beautiful Mess of Mother’s Day — New, free. Dear soul who spoke on infertility, you touch me every time I watch this. Thank you. This is based on The Wide Spectrum and Good News for Weary Women
4. For Kids:
- Please see 10 ideas for pastors on Mother’s Day — and the point on working with kids. Remember not every child will have a mother present. Think ahead of time how your church/activity wants to incorporate this reality. Don’t be afraid to do something! But don’t be unnecessarily clueless either :).
- Ideas for Sunday School teachers: see here or here (includes ideas in Spanish)
- Creative Mother’s Day Ideas for Churches
- God in a box — Mother’s Day service
- Complete collection of Mother’s Day videos
6. How to send personalized Mother’s Day cards (tutorial I made AND their customer service is great!)
8. Remember there will be non-mom’s and those struggling with infertility in your midst.
What resources would you like to see added? Here’s a resource for you: 14 Tips for navigating the messy middle of life.