1. On Friday after writing about Compassion International kids, I received this from one of my favorite kids, my youngest niece.
I miss you too dearie!
2. A colleauge blogged the following:
Today we got this email from the Foreign Affairs Office:
There are many snakes in the campus recently. During the last two weeks, two students were bitten. So please take more attention.
Have a good day!” Keep reading to learn how many snakes were recently released :) … oh China, I love your randomness!
3. Rode a train this week that went 292 km/h (or 181 mph).
4. Reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and enjoying it. I will say it’s getting a bit long and drawn out, but you know, that’s probably how WWII felt to those who lived it!
5. Got to climb up a church bell tower with my friend who is researching church bells in China. We saw a bell from 1867 that is still rung every Sunday morning! Let me repeat, the bell is from 1867! Think of what was going on around the world at that time. Seeing the bell was a powerful reminder/symbol of how VAST and GREAT and AMAZING and INDESTRUCTIBLE the church is.
6. I was given my first moon cake of the season yesterday. I know they are the kind of thing many people roll their eyes at, but I love them (not the ones without egg yolks in the middle, those give me the shivers!).
Any random news from your neck of the woods? Amy